Friday, June 24, 2005

Yes, No, No Answer

One of the rules for negotiation between men and women has to do with navigating that "first" encounter ... in the matter of sex:
When a woman says "no", she means "yes"
And when a woman says "yes", she means "right now"
I was a little dismayed to hear that, since I never learned how to play those games, and, to be honest, I don't like playing games in relationships.

I was also puzzled ... if a woman says "no" in order to mean "yes", what about when she really means "no"? What does she say then?

The answer I got was: well, she probably won't answer.

I'm not sure that rule is very widespread in the US any more, though in my youth I think it was more so.

In any case, I can see how I could be misunderstood. Because for me:
yes = yes
no = no
and "no answer" = "convince me"

No comments:

This blog has moved

This blog is now located at http://enlasnubes2003.blogspot.com/. You will be automatically redirected in 30 seconds, or you ma...